Typical processes that may be covered in a 1:1 session
· The use of a piercing saw, for cutting shapes from silver to create designs.
· Silver soldering techniques
· The use of the rolling mill for applying texture to silver
· Granulation – a decorative technique whereby tiny silver balls are created and applied to another metal surface.
· Applying texture using various hammers and punches.
· Keum-Boo – an ancient Korean process in which 23ct gold sheet is bonded using heat and pressure to the surface of fine silver.
· Stone setting – bezel and tube setting cabochon and faceted stones
· Ring making – design and make your own ring
· Wax carving for casting – the technique whereby hard carving wax is sculpted to create 3D forms. Then it is sent for professional casting using the Lost Wax Process.
· Bangle making – make a silver bangle with texture if you like.
· Fold forming – the process of creating sculptural shapes using forming hammers and blocks.
· Silver spinner rings – make a spinner ring with one or more silver or gold spinning wire insets
· Sea Glass Workshop – use beach treasure to create coastal themed jewellery.
Some of the processes above are not suitable for complete beginners, as tool handling skills are required. These are just some of the processes that can be explored. Please do get in touch if you would like to try anything else.